Vietnam Two-Week Tour 2021
January 29, 2021 - February 11, 2021$250 – $1700
Delve into the Southeast Asian street food scene as we explore the country of Vietnam from top to bottom. On this tour we will fully immerse ourselves into the culture of every unique city that the country has to offer from the mountains to the coast!
NOTE*** To effectively fit in all the exciting places and things we want you to do and see, this tour ends in a different location than it starts. We are happy to help you arrange a flight, and we recommend purchasing your round trip ticket to/from Ho Chi Minh for the tour, and a separate connecting flight from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi on Day One, to get yourself to our starting point. Ho Chi Minh (or Saigon) is the capital of Vietnam and also our final destination..
Click the to see the daily itineraries.
Hanoi/Halong Bay (4 nights)
Hanoi is one of the most famous of Vietnam’s cities and the birthplace of what is now a dish that can be found internationally, Pho. A steaming bowl of pho is perfect for the colder, cloudy climate in northern Vietnam. Also one of the most famous tourist attractions, Halong Bay, is a must-see when visiting this area!
- Check into our hostel accommodation in the center of Hanoi! People will be arriving throughout the day, so we have no official plans until the evening. Once everyone has arrived, our whole group will get together for a tour group meet and greet!
- Prepare yourselves for an early morning but don’t worry, breakfast will be provided by the hostel! We will be picked up by a shuttle bus and head to the Halong harbor where we will board our barge and eat lunch while cruising to the next destination.
- Excursions of the day include taking a rowboat (or a kayak if you don’t mind getting wet!) and exploring parts of the bay. We will stop at an island that includes a beach and an overlook with the best view of Halong Bay.
- Head back on board for a multi-course seafood dinner and enjoy the rest of the evening playing cards and hanging out with a bottle of wine. Fingers crossed, we may even be able to go squid fishing in the evening if conditions allow it!
- After a night of being rocked to sleep, get up early to catch the sunrise with a Tai Chi class! Enjoy a light breakfast before going exploring.
- Halong Bay hosts a vast amount caves filled with massive thousand-year old stalactites! We will explore at least one so have your camera ready!
- As we head back to Halong harbor, don’t miss a cooking class to learn to make some classic Vietnamese dishes.
- Once we’re off the barge and back at the hostel, enjoy a free beer from 6 – 6:30 pm before finding a spot for dinner.
- Join us for a walking tour to explore the Old Quarter of Hanoi. Make sure to bring your wallet to snag a North Face jacket for a fraction of the price! Part of our tour will include a visit to a hole-in-the-wall restaurant because we cannot leave Hanoi without trying some of the best pho the city has to offer and they run out fast!
- Included: Halong Bay cruise and food on board, Hanoi city walking tour
- Optional: Shopping!
Hoi An (2 nights + 1 night bus)
Hoi An is famous for their historical textiles and ceramics industry and is one of the cheapest places in the world to get tailored clothing. The street food scene in Hoi An is one of the best in Vietnam with mouth watering cao lau noodles and white rose shrimp dumplings that are arranged in the shape of a rose for $2 or less. This is the backpacker on a budget’s dream destination with cheap beer, food, and massages for under $10.
- Today, we head back to the airport for a short plane trip to the city of Da Nang. We won’t stay there long before taking a private van to our hostel in Hoi An.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the old town architecture and taking advantage of the hostel’s amazing happy hour! (If you are planning on purchasing tailored clothing, this is the day to do it!)
- Enjoy the free breakfast offered at the hostel but save plenty of room for our included activity in the afternoon, a spectacular Vietnamese cooking class.
- Our cooking class includes picking out fresh ingredients at the market, a banana boat ride to their private island, and a multiple course meal that will satisfy the pickiest of taste buds.
- When we return to the hostel, take advantage of their free evening activities and try out a pub crawl! Watch out for those infamous ‘happy balloons’!
- For those of you willing to wake up early, check out the My Son (pronounced ‘Me Son’) Sanctuary that can be booked through the hostel. Make sure to return by the early afternoon so you have plenty of time to pack for the sleeper train journey ahead.
- Although a long train ride sounds daunting, you’ll be sleeping soundly for most of it.
- Included: Vietnamese cooking class
- Optional: Tailored clothing, My Son Sanctuary
Da Lat (2 nights)
Da Lat is further inland in the Central Highlands region of Vietnam with year-round cool weather and a variety of natural (and unnatural) sites. The Hang Nga Guest House, also known as “Crazy House”, is one of the most famous of the unnatural sites to be explored. The city is full of adventurous activities and is best seen by motorbike, but the roadways are a disarray of organized chaos.
- After the long bus ride through the mountains, we will arrive at our hostel just in time for a family breakfast of fruit and banana pancakes. Once we are checked into our rooms, get a nap in before renting a motorbike and exploring the city.
- Make sure to check out “The Crazy House”, it is a must-see and we can promise you have never seen anything like it!
- There is also a toboggan ride and ropes course near the hostel if that is more your style.
- After a family dinner, grab your evening drinks at Maze Bar but try not to get lost inside because it’s not called a maze for nothing.
- Get ready for an early wake up as we go on a canyoning adventure as a group. Da Lat is a canyoning haven and the day will be spent rappelling down abseils of increasing difficulty. Be ready to get wet because we’ll be landing in the river and riding a couple water slides!
- Enjoy the rest of the evening with the hostel’s infamous ‘bucket’ drinks or a visit to Maze Bar if you haven’t already!
Included activity: Canyoning Adventure
Optional activity: The Crazy House, Ropes course, toboggan ride, Maze Bar
Mui Ne (2 nights)
Mui Ne is a beach town most famous for kite and windsurfing, the white sand dunes, and a colorful fishing industry. As a resort town, it is full of beach side restaurants with aquariums full of freshly caught fish and other marine life.
- Get ready for another early wake up to catch the bus to our villa in Mui Ne. The best thing about Mui Ne is their resort style living where backpackers can enjoy a day at the pool on a budget! Spend the day relaxing with a drink in hand and grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants down the street.
- Today we will take two private jeeps to explore the dunes, fishing village, and other sites around the city. Try out a quad bike or ATV at the dunes for some extra fun!
- Check out the numerous beach side restaurants for a fresh fish dinner on the dock that won’t break the bank.
- Included: Private jeep tour
- Optional: Quad bike/ATV at dunes, fresh fish dinner, snake heart!
Ho Chi Minh (2 nights)
Ho Chi Minh city, also known as Saigon, is famous for being the ‘second most dynamic city in the world’ and a controversial destination in regards to the Vietnam War. Saigon is the origin for the ‘banh mi’ sandwich when French bread was introduced to the region after World War II.
- We will catch an early morning bus to get back to the city life in Ho Chi Minh city. Be prepared for the hustle and noise in this busy city but it is still easily walkable. After we check in to our accommodation, feel free to go exploring or relax on the hostel rooftop.
- If you’re a lover of history, make sure to check out The Vietnam War Museum.
- Today we will take a guided tour to the Cu Chi Tunnels. Go down to the second deepest level of the tunnels and learn about how the Vietnamese were able to live so far underground. There is an option to even shoot a semi automatic weapon but fair warning, you pay for each bullet and it isn’t cheap!
- Return to the accommodation for a goodbye meeting with your tour guides and make sure to join us on a pub crawl for a final night of fun! Don’t forget to try a banh mi while you’re here!
- Everyone will leave the accommodation throughout the day. If you booked a roundtrip ticket through Hanoi, we can help you book a flight from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi, luckily there’s plenty of them! Don’t forget to trade contact info with your new lifelong, international friends before you leave to your next destination or return home!
- Included: Cu Chi Tunnels
- Optional: Vietnam War Museum, pub crawl
- Be 21+ years old
- Be English language proficient – all tours will be provided only in English.
- Be physically capable – expected to carry all of your own luggage and be able to walk mid to long distances.
- Have health insurance that covers international travel or travel insurance. We recommend going with World Nomads travel insurance, as they are a worldwide recognized travel insurance company and trusted by many travelers and companies.
- Have current passport with expiration date at least 6 months after the end of the tour.
- Have an open mind and a positive attitude!
Fees and Payment
- Cost: $1,700
- Deposit (required to secure your spot, you may pay this below): $250
- 2nd Payment (due 6 months prior to start date – July 29, 2020): $490
- 3rd Payment (due 3 months prior to start date – Oct 29, 2020): $480
- Final Payment (due 1 month prior to start date – Dec 29, 2020): $480
People of all races, religions, ethnicities, and sexual orientations are welcome – we are a non discriminatory company.