Scandinavia Two-Week Tour 2021
May 22 - June 4$250 – $2300
Our two week Scandinavia tour takes you to the vibrant capital cities of Europe’s Scandinavian countries. These countries are commonly overlooked by travelers, and this tour will show all of its participants why the rich history and beautiful cities of these 4 countries should not be passed over.
Click the to see the daily itineraries.
Stockholm, Sweden (3 nights)
Stockholm is the capital city of Sweden, right on the Baltic Sea. With its cobblestone streets, quaint old town, old, colorful buildings, and stunning cathedrals, you’ll definitely feel history come alive in this city!
- Check into our hostel accommodation in Stockholm! People will be arriving throughout the day, so we have no official plans until the evening. Once everyone has arrived, our whole group will get together for some welcome drinks to meet each other and your tour leaders!
- Today, our first full day in Stockholm, we will go aboard a classic archipelago ship for a two and a half hour cruise through the waterways and around the archipelagos surrounding the city of Stockholm. It’ll be a great, mellow activity to see some of the best sights the city has to offer while you recover from the jet lag.
- You have tons of options for what you’d like to do on your free day in Stockholm! Check out the Royal Palace, or Skansen, the worlds’ first open air museum, or even check out the Abba Museum if you’re a fan. If you want to take a day trip, there are tons of archipelagos surrounding Stockholm city, which you saw from our cruise the day before, and you can jump on a ferry boat that will take you to one so you can explore it on land. Your choices are endless.
Included activity: Stockholm Archipelago cruise
Optional activity: Royal Palace, museums, archipelago day trip
Oslo, Norway (3 nights)
Oslo is Norway’s capital, and sits along the country’s southern coast. The city is known for its stunning architecture, and much of its popularity is due to its history with the Vikings. You can learn a lot about the Viking Age during your time in this city.
- Pack your things, as we get on a train from Stockholm and head over the border into Norway! Grab a window seat, and watch the countryside go by.
- Our group activity today is a trip to Oslo’s Akershus Fortress, which is a waterside fortress and former prison! It’s a great place to learn about Oslo’s history and take some photos on a beautiful day.
- Now you’ve got a whole day free to spend as you please in Oslo! Check out the grounds of the Royal Palace, have a picnic in the park, check out some museums, or even go to the Opera House.
Included activity: Akershus Fortress
Optional activity: Royal Palace, museums, Opera House
Copenhagen, Denmark (3 nights)
As Denmark’s capital city, Copenhagen is quite possibly the most visited destination of all of those on this Scandinavia two week tour. With a number of significant tourist attractions, a picturesque and widely photographed harbor, and the commune of Freetown Christiania, you’ll never run out of things to do in Copenhagen!
- We’re about halfway through our tour as we hop on a plane that’ll take us from Oslo to Copenhagen. Once we arrive, spend your evening settling in however you like.
- Today will be a fun and exciting day as we head to the popular tourist attraction, the Tivoli Gardens! Here is a 19th century amusement park, the second oldest operating amusement park in the world, where we’ll spend our day on rides and in the pleasure garden.
- Now you’ve got your free day in Copenhagen, and you have so many options for how you’d like to spend this day! Go to the hippie commune of Christiania, check out the famous Little Mermaid statue, take a stroll down Nyhavn, the colorful canal and harbor, or even go for some swimming in front of the city skyline view at the Islands Brygge waterfront park.
Included activity: Tivoli Gardens 19th century amusement park
Optional activity: Freetown Christiania, Little Mermaid, Nyhavn, Islands Brygge
Helsinki, Finland (3 nights)
Helsinki, the Finnish capital, sits on a peninsula on the Gulf of Finland. They say that this is where reindeer come from, and the rumors may be true but you’ll have to find out for yourself! Still quite below the typical European tourism levels, Helsinki will be great to explore without the usual hoards of crowds.
- Today we’ve got another flight as we leave Denmark for Finland!
- We hope you like the boats as much as we do! We’ll be hopping aboard a smaller boat for a sightseeing cruise around the canals of Helsinki to absorb the sights of Helsinki’s shoreline. Look out for UNESCO listed Suomenlinna Maritime Fortress, amongst many other popular attractions, and learn more about Helsinki’s history from the onboard commentary.
- We’re leaving you with many options for how to spend your last full day of exploring a new country. There are tons of museums and cathedrals, go to Market Square to check out the daily market, you can go to Linnanmaki amusement park if you didn’t have your fill of rides in Copenhagen, or even check out Sea Life, Helsinki’s very own aquarium.
Included activity: Sea Life aquarium
Optional activity: museums, cathedrals, Market Square, Linnanmaki, Sea Life
Stokholm, Sweden (1 night)
- Today we’ll make our way back to Stockholm, where we started our tour. Once we’re back in Sweden’s capital city, you’ll spend the last day with all your new friends. Let’s all go out together for our last night out!
- You will leave our accommodation throughout the day, depending on when your flight to home or your next destination is! Don’t forget to trade contact info with your new lifelong, international friends (if you haven’t already).
- Be 21-35 years old
- Be English language proficient – all tours will be provided only in English.
- Be physically capable – expected to carry all of your own luggage and be able to walk mid to long distances.
- Have health insurance that covers international travel or travel insurance. We recommend going with World Nomads travel insurance, as they are a worldwide recognized travel insurance company and trusted by many travelers and companies.
- Have current passport with expiration date at least 6 months after the end of the tour.
- Have an open mind and a positive attitude!
Fees and Payment
- Cost: $2,300
- Deposit (required to secure your spot, you may pay this below): $250
- 2nd Payment (due 6 months prior to start date – Nov. 22, 2020): $690
- 3rd Payment (due 3 months prior to start date – Feb. 22, 2021: $680
- Final Payment (due 1 month prior to start date – April. 22, 2021): $680
People of all races, religions, ethnicities, and sexual orientations are welcome – we are a non discriminatory company.