- This event has passed.
Peru Adventure Two-Week Tour CLOSED
June 15 - June 28$900 – $2200
This tour is for the adventurous spirit, taking you from coast, to desert, to the Amazon rainforest of southern Peru. Follow the famous “gringo trail” and participate in every activity this stunning country has to offer!
Click the to see the daily itineraries.
Lima (2 nights)
Lima is arguably the best place to get fresh ceviche, or “cebiche”, in all of Peru. Lima has a coastline that is 80 kilometers long but it never fully rains because it is a desert city: located on a desert strip between the Pacific Ocean and Andes Mountains. The city is huge with various different neighborhoods, Miraflores being the most popular.
- Check into our hostel accommodation in Miraflores, Lima! People will be arriving throughout the day, so we have no official plans until the evening. Once everyone has arrived, our whole group will get together for a tour group meet and greet!
- We will start the day with an Old Town Lima Tour led by your tour guides. The tour will include a trip to the Larco Museum. The museum is famous for its “sex museum” but it has various other interesting Inca artifacts.
- In the evening, there are plenty of evening activities and a pub crawl. But don’t stay out too late because we have an early morning tomorrow!
- Included: Old Town Tour, Larco Museum
- Optional: Souvenir shopping, pub crawl
Paracas (1 night)
Paracas is located in southwestern Ica Region of Peru. The city and surrounding areas are full of a large variety of different animal species and ecosystems. The Ballesta Islands are nicknamed the “poor-man’s-Galapagos” because of this diversity. The Paracas National Reserve is a protected area for the conservation of these species.
- After an early morning wake up, we’ll be joining the “Peru Hop” bus line and head to Paracas. On our way we’ll stop at the Chincha Tunnels, also known as the secret slave tunnels. Once we arrive in Paracas we’ll take a trip to the Paracas National Reserve, a gorgeous area where the desert meets the sea.
- Spend the evening walking around the small beach town and eat a fresh seafood dinner for cheap!
- Optional: Explore Paracas
Huacachina (1 night +1 night bus)
Huacachina is sometimes called the “oasis of America” and is a vacation area for the locals and foreigners, alike. The tiny city surrounds a natural lake in the middle of the desert in the Ica Region of Peru. With sand dunes several hundred feet high right next to the city, it’s a prime spot for sandboarding.
- You have the morning to explore Paracas and go souvenir shopping at the markets on the docks. If you’re okay with waking up at the crack of dawn, we recommend you check out the Ballesta Islands to see penguins, seals, and hundreds of species of birds. It’s quite a sight to see!
- Right after noon, we’ll board back on the Peru Hop bus and head to Huacachina. It’s not a long journey and you’ll need to save up the energy for our excursion of the day…sandboarding!
- After checking in to the hostel, get in a dune buggy and get ready for a bumpy ride up the dunes! Once we’re at the top, we’ll sandboard our way down and watch the sunset over the desert.
- Huacachina is well known for their party scene, go bar hopping or join a pub crawl hosted by the hostel!
- Find a spot by the lake to eat some breakfast and enjoy the beautiful view of the oasis.
- We’ll board the Peru Hop bus in the early afternoon for the long ride to Arequipa, with some stops on the way, of course!
- First, we’ll stop in Pisco where we’ll try some…you guessed it! Pisco!! Pisco is a white brandy made from muscat grapes. We’ll have a Pisco Vineyard Tour and tasting so you’ll know everything there is to know about it.
- Our next stop will be to see the Nazca Lines. We will be able to see three of the figures from an observation deck.
- Back on the bus, tuck yourselves in with a blanket and a pillow so you can sleep the rest of the ride
- Included: Dune buggy, sandboarding, Pisco Vineyard Tour, Nazca Lines
- Optional: Ballesta Islands
Arequipa (1 night)
Arequipa is located in the “Ring of Fire”, an area known for frequent volcanic activity. However, the last eruption from El Misti, the most famous volcano of Arequipa, was over 30 years ago. Every year, locals compete in “El Misti Skyrace”, where runners race up the volcano.
- We’ll arrive in Arequipa just as the sun is coming up so we’ll head to the common room area to watch movies and nap until we can check in.
- Once everyone’s ready to go, we’ll do a walking tour to the Plaza de Armas to see the Cathedral, head to San Camilo market, and if we make it in time, the Alpaca Zoo!
- Head back to the hostel for evening activities and a bite to eat!
- Included: Walking tour
- Optional: Hostel evening activities
Puerto Maldonado (3 nights)
Puerto Maldonado, also referred to as Tambopata (port city), is one of the biggest Amazonian cities in Peru. The city is located where the Tambopata and Madre de Dios meet and home to the Tambopata National Reserve and Manu National Park. Here you can find the famous clay licks were hundreds of macaws feed on clay.
- Spend the morning drinking a coffee with a view of the beautiful volcano, El Misti. Make sure to visit The Chaqchao Choco Museo for some homemade hot chocolate before we depart.
- Today, we go back to the airport to get to our next destination, Puerto Maldonado. Once we arrive, we’ll head to our hostel for some dinner and an early bedtime.
- Grab some free breakfast at the hostel and be ready for our trip into THE AMAZON RAINFOREST.
- After taking a scenic boat ride, we’ll go on an Amazon hike and then check out Monkey Island to meet some curious capuchins.
- We’ll have a traditional dinner and then head back to the boat for an evening of searching for Caiman alligators. Maybe you’ll see one up close!
- After a night of listening to the sound of the Amazon, start your day with a colorful breakfast at the lodge. Today we’ll canoe on Lake Sandoval and look for various species of birds and hopefully some river otters!
- Dinner will be at the lodge and a night hike into the rainforest will follow. We’ll look for a bird eating tarantulas, bullet ants, and other creatures!
- We hope the night hike didn’t give you any nightmares and you were able to have a good night’s rest! We’ll do an Amazon ropes course today so you can feel how it is to be a monkey leaping from the trees.
- We’ll get back on the boat for one last time as we head back to Puerto Maldonado. Once we arrive, it’s back to the airport to catch the flight to Cusco. Make sure to have your sweater and, if you need it, altitude sickness medicine handy as Cusco is over 10,000 feet higher in elevation than Puerto Maldonado.
- Included Activity: Amazon tour, ropes course
- Optional Activity: Chaqchao Choco Museo
Cuzco (3 nights)
Cusco is most famous for Machu Picchu, although the Inca city is located about 74 kilometers away in Aguas Calientes. Cusco was actually the capital of the Inca Empire and is still known as the cultural capital of Peru. It has been continuously inhabited for 3,000 years which makes it the oldest living city in the Americas.
- Spend the day recovering from our busy day before and make sure to allow yourself to properly acclimate to the increase in elevation. Altitude sickness is very real and we want to make sure that you have plenty of time to adapt.
- In the afternoon the tour guides will lead a walking tour through the city to check out San Blas, Plaza de Armas, Iglesia de la Campañia de Jesus, and the Cusco Cathedral. We’ll end at the Temple of the Sun and encourage you to try some delicious street food in the area.
- Participate in the evening activities at the hostel and make new friends!
- If you would like to visit Machu Picchu, the tour guides and hostel staff can help you book a one day trip to the beautiful Inca city for tomorrow.
- Those who decided to book a day trip to Machu Picchu, you will have an early wake up and picked up by the arranged tour.
- For those who decided to stay in Cusco, check out the many museums the city has to offer or try a mini trek out to Saqsaywaman, it’s a bit of a hike!!
- Other day trips offered by the hostel are Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain) and the Sacred Valley.
- You choose what you would like to do the most!
- Included: City walking tour
- Optional: Machu Picchu, Saqsaywaman, Vinicunca, Sacred Valley
Lima (1 night)
- Wake up early, grab a fresh fruit smoothie at the San Pedro Market, and get your souvenir shopping done at the many kiosks run by locals.
- We head back to Lima today, so make sure to get everything checked off your Cusco bucket list today!
- We’ll say goodbye to Cusco at the airport and after a short plane ride, arrive at the hostel in Lima for a goodbye meeting with your tour guides. Attend an evening hostel activity for your last night with the group!
- Everyone will leave the accommodation throughout the day. Don’t forget to trade contact info with your new lifelong, international friends before you leave to your next destination or return home!
- Be 21-35 years old
- Be English language proficient – all tours will be provided only in English.
- Be physically capable – expected to carry all of your own luggage and be able to walk mid to long distances.
- Have health insurance that covers international travel or travel insurance. We recommend going with World Nomads travel insurance, as they are a worldwide recognized travel insurance company and trusted by many travelers and companies.
- Have current passport with expiration date at least 6 months after the end of the tour.
- Have an open mind and a positive attitude!
Fees and Payment
- Cost: $2,200
- Deposit (required to secure your spot, you may pay this below): $250
- 2nd Payment (due 6 months prior to start date – Dec 15, 2019): $650
- 3rd Payment (due 3 months prior to start date – Mar 15, 2020): $650
- Final Payment (due 1 month prior to start date – May 15, 2020): $650
People of all races, religions, ethnicities, and sexual orientations are welcome – we are a non discriminatory company.