Northern Thailand Ten Day Tour 2021
March 6 - March 15$250 – $1400
This tour takes you to big cities and quaint towns in Northern Thailand so that you can enjoy a bit of everything that the northern regions of this diverse country have to offer!
Click the to see the daily itineraries.
Bangkok (1 night)
Bangkok is Thailand’s capital city. With countless temples, vibrant markets, and an exciting night life, this city is sure to have something for everyone!
- Check into our hostel accommodation in Bangkok! People will be arriving throughout the day, so we have no official plans until the evening. Once everyone has arrived, our whole group will get together for some welcome drinks and to meet each other and your tour leaders!
Chiang Mai (3 nights)
Chiang Mai is the largest city in Northern Thailand, and home to many temples, misty mountains, colorful markets, and elephant sanctuaries.
- This morning we will be taking a flight to the northern city of Chiang Mai.
- Spend the rest of your afternoon resting and adjusting to the time change, and in the evening, head over to the huge, awesome night market inside the old town that happens every Sunday! You will be stunned by the size of this market, and all the cool and interesting things you can buy and eat.
- You can’t come to Thailand without coming face to face with some of its friendliest giants! Get ready for a rewarding day, as we head to an elephant sanctuary, where you will help feed and wash these incredible creatures.
- Get ready for a taste of Thailand! Today we’ll take a traditional Thai cooking class, starting at a produce market where you will get to help pick out fresh food that you will soon turn into a delicious meal.
- Spend the rest of your last day here exploring Chiang Mai however you’d like!
Included: Cooking class, elephant sanctuary
Optional: Night market, souvenir shopping, temples
Pai (3 nights)
Pai is a charming town in Northern Thailand, known for its many waterfalls, picturesque viewpoints and the infamous Walking Street which turns into a busy, bustling market every night. With tons of food vendors and stalls to choose from, your stomachs will be very happy with you in Pai.
- We’ll take a bus from Chiang Mai and take the day to settle in and get acquainted with Pai. Walk around town, do some shopping, or just explore around the nearby river.
- We will be staying right in town, just around the corner from the Walking Street, so make sure to check it out at night once the market starts up
- With so many things to choose from to do in Pai, we thought we’d leave it up to you to decide what excites you the most! Some ideas to get your juices flowing; go to one of the many nearby waterfalls, visit the giant white Buddha, go to the hot springs, explore the rice paddies, or go to Pai Canyon for the sunset. There are so many more things to do while in Pai, and we’re here to help you pick the best!
- One day exploring Pai is not enough, so here’s another one! If you’re up for it, rent a motorbike and explore more of this quaint town. You can even go on one of the free tours offered by our hostel. Don’t forget to ask your tour guides for some special secret spots in this area that are worth checking out!
- Optional: waterfalls, giant Buddha, hot springs, rice paddies, Pai Canyon & many more!
Bangkok (2 nights)
- Get ready for a bit of a travel day, as we take a bus back to Chiang Mai and then take a plane from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.
- Once we arrive at our hostel, you can spend the rest of your afternoon exploring the nearby attractions. Tonight, we will all head down to the famous Khao San Road, where the day market turns into a pub scene at night with loud music everywhere, and tons of people wandering through. Who will be daring enough to eat a scorpion tonight?!
- This morning, we’ll take a half day trip to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, the most famous floating market in Thailand!
- Once we get back to the city, you’ll have the rest of your day in Bangkok to spend however you please. With so many things to do, we’re leaving the choice up to you! There are tons of temples to visit, another massive market just outside of town you can go to, see the huge reclining Buddha, ride the sky train, take a boat ride down the river, get a Thai massage, see a famous Ping Pong show, and the list goes on and on.
- You will leave our accommodation throughout the day, depending on when your flight or bus to home or your next destination is! Don’t forget to trade contact info with your new lifelong, international friends (if you haven’t already).
Included: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market tour
Optional: Temples, markets, reclining Buddha, sky train, boat ride, Thai massage, ping pong show
- Be 21-35 years old
- Be English language proficient – all tours will be provided only in English.
- Be physically capable – expected to carry all of your own luggage and be able to walk mid to long distances.
- Have health insurance that covers international travel or travel insurance. We recommend going with World Nomads travel insurance, as they are a worldwide recognized travel insurance company and trusted by many travelers and companies.
- Have current passport with expiration date at least 6 months after the end of the tour.
- Have an open mind and a positive attitude!
Fees and Payment
- Cost: $1,400
- Deposit (required to secure your spot, you may pay this below): $250
- 2nd Payment (due 6 months prior to start date – Sept. 6, 2020): $390
- 3rd Payment (due 3 months prior to start date – Dec. 6, 2020): $380
- Final Payment (due 1 month prior to start date – Feb. 6, 2021): $380
People of all races, religions, ethnicities, and sexual orientations are welcome – we are a non discriminatory company.