Mexican Plateau Two Week Tour 2022
April 18, 2022 - May 1, 2022$250.00 – $1900.00
Join this tour to experience the beauty of the Sierra Madre del Sur and The Volcanic Arch area by taking first-class buses and staying in boutique hostels. Mexico’s mountains have a revitalizing energy that you are sure to enjoy.
Click the to see the daily itineraries.
Mexico City (4 nights)
La Ciudad de Mexico began as an Aztec City and is now the 5th largest city in the world! It would take years to explore the variety of neighborhoods and attractions so we will show you the ones that are most recommended.
- Welcome to Mexico! One of our guides will be waiting to escort you to the pre-booked transportation that will take you to the hostel.
- Check into our first class, hostel accommodation in the center of northern Mexico City! People will be arriving throughout the day, so we have no official plans until the evening. Once everyone has arrived, our whole group will get together for a tour group meet and greet!
- After a good night’s rest and breakfast at the hostel, we will head to the North Terminal bus station to catch the bus to the Pyramids of Teotihuacan. Once we’ve arrived and have our tickets to enter, you have the option to hire a personal guide at the entrance or join your tour guides for a brief overview of the history of the pyramids before exploring the area on your own.
- Check out La Gruta for the lunch of a lifetime, but make sure to keep hold of your Teotihuacan ticket to enter back into the pyramid area where we will meet to take the bus back to the hostel.
- Today will be a free day to do as you please. There will be an optional museum tour led by your guide that will take you to Chapultepec Park (it is twice as large as New York City’s central park) where the Anthropology Museum is located.
- For those interested in exploring the Frida Kahlo museum, you can ask a guide about booking tickets and transportation.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, the hostel will have a variety of activities that you can book at the front desk!
- It’s an early wake up today so that we can explore the towns of Puebla and Cholula. Cholula will be the first stop and a breathtaking way to start the day with the backdrop of the Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl volcanoes. Puebla is next and a perfect place to stop for lunch; the variety of food options ranges from the traditional “semita” to the fancier “mole Poblano”. After lunch, we will take a walking tour through the historic center of the city.
- The last stop will be the Mercado el Parian, where you can find your souvenirs and handmade creations to take home with you!
Included activity: Teotihuacan Pyramids, Puebla Day Tour
Optional activity: Museum tour, Frida Kahlo Museum
Guadalajara (2 nights)
Next, we go to another massive city in Mexico’s mountainous region, Guadalajara. This city is the birthplace of the infamous tequila and the internationally known Mariachi music.
- It’s time to pack up and move on to the next destination of our tour! We’ll head to the airport as a group and board our flight to the capital of the state of Jalisco, Guadalajara!
- Once we’ve arrived and checked into our homey accommodation, the rest of the evening is for you to enjoy.
- We recommend that you join an evening walking tour of the historic center of the city.
- Our second day trip of the tour will be to the town of Tequila. We will visit the well-known Jose Cuervo distillery and learn about the fermentation process that goes into your classic shot of tequila!
- We will have lunch in the town of Tequila and spend the afternoon exploring the town until we return to the accommodation.
Included activity: Tequila tour
Optional activity: Historic area walking tour
Guanajuato (3 nights)
The picturesque town of Guanajuato City is considered one of the most beautiful places in Mexico. The mountains truly compliment the colorful scenery of houses and murals throughout the city. From the exceptional food to the live music in the streets, this is a magical place to be.
- Today will be another travel day but you are in for a treat! We will be traveling by luxury bus through the rolling hills of agave plants and mountains into the tucked away city of Guanajuato.
- After checking into our accommodation, feel free to go for a walk and listen to the live music in the various gardens and plazas.
- We’ll start this morning with a walking tour of the city after we finish breakfast. On this tour we’ll explore the mummy museum, the monument of Don Quixote, and finally take the Funicular to El Pipila. Have your camera ready because this city is the most photogenic in Mexico!
- After a long day of walking yesterday, you’re welcome to spend today relaxing or drinking some pulque (one of the oldest alcoholic beverages in the world) while listening to music in El Zocalo.
- Guanajuato also has some beautiful hiking spots like the Trail to the Blue Cross or La Bufa. Make sure to double check with your guide before leaving on a hike and it is recommended not to go alone.
Included activity: Walking Tour
Optional activity: Museum Tour
San Miguel de Allende (3 nights)
This city could be considered a tourist trap by some, but the impressive mix of retired expats and young, energetic locals is amazing to experience and a true representation of just how welcoming Mexico can be to travelers.
- Another short, luxury bus ride awaits us today! Our next stop is famous worldwide for its lively zocalo and vast expat population. This is the more touristy side of Mexico but it doesn’t make it any less special of a place!
- Once we check-in to our boutique hostel, we’ll take a group walk to stretch out our legs and admire the Fabrica La Aurora. This building was once a busy textile factory and now it is an art haven where artists from all over the world exhibit their artwork in a variety of galleries.
- This hostel offers a simple, yet scrumptious free breakfast, a perfect start to the fun filled day that lies ahead. The area surrounding San Miguel de Allende is famous for its wines and we will be experiencing some of those local wineries today!
- We will be picked up by the tour minivan and enjoy the best wines the area has to offer.
- Today will be your free day in San Miguel de Allende to either explore the thermal baths like La Gruta or go for a walk around the historic area of the city.
Included activity: Winery Tour
Optional activity: Thermal baths
Mexico City (1 night)
- After our delicious, complimentary breakfast, we will head to the bus station to take our final first class bus back to Mexico City.
- We booked a great accommodation for our final night of the tour and you are welcome to join us for one final walk through the parks of the city.
- Everyone will leave the accommodation throughout the day. Don’t forget to trade contact info with your new lifelong, international friends before you leave for your next destination or return home!
- ALL AGES TOUR
~ Tour designed for adults 30+ years of age. ~
- Be English language proficient – all tours will be provided only in English.
- Be physically capable – expected to carry all of your own luggage and be able to walk mid to long distances.
- Have health insurance that covers international travel or travel insurance. We recommend going with World Nomads travel insurance, as they are a worldwide recognized travel insurance company and trusted by many travelers and companies.
- Have current passport with expiration date at least 6 months after the end of the tour.
- Have an open mind and a positive attitude!
People of all races, religions, ethnicities, and sexual orientations are welcome – we are a non discriminatory company.
Fees and Payment
- Cost: $1900
- Deposit (required to secure your spot, you may pay this below): $250
- 2nd Payment (due 5 months prior to start date – Dec. 21, 2021): $550
- 3rd Payment (due 3 months prior to start date – Feb. 21, 2022): $550
- Final Payment (due 1 month prior to start date – April 21, 2022): $550
+Tour prices based on participants staying in dorm accommodation. If a private room is preferable, that can be arranged at an upcharge. Upcharge cost depends entirely on price difference per hostel as well as occupancy.
Expect an estimate of $200 per person upcharge for double occupancy, and an estimate of $400 per person upcharge for single occupancy. Prices are estimates and may fluctuate.
Due to constantly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, all of our tours are subject to delays, changes, or cancellations. Thank you for your understanding.